SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#92128 - 03/05/06 09:48 AM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny, really impressive instrumental accomp arrangement & beautifully delivered vocals by both you and your daughter. I find your father/daughter duet matches Nat & Natalie, and Frank & Nancy pairings. This is your best song production work I've heard by a long shot. Bravo!

Ok, did the original smf come from Tune1000, Midi-Hits, or another commerically produced SMF manufacterer? Please share what you did to the smf to tweak (enhance) it, and also, what parts/tracks were added (played & recorded live by you)? Also what software programs & hardware were used to record and mix midi tracks & vocals? Thanks in advance, as discovering these things may help the rest of us here to better our recording skills as well.

Ok Donny, now please tell us "When When When" we'll get to hear the completed song.

Scott

#92129 - 03/05/06 12:09 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... just a tease, but an excellent tease ... there is nothing like the thrill of a parent performing with a child ... when our son was in high school he studied electric bass ... we played a couple of gigs together as a duo and with my band ... it was GREAT ... unfortunately college and dental school swayed him from continuing with the bass ...
Have fun performing with her while you can ...
t.

#92130 - 03/05/06 12:38 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Donny, really impressive instrumental accomp arrangement & beautifully delivered vocals by both you and your daughter. I find your father/daughter duet matches Nat & Natalie, and Frank & Nancy pairings. This is your best song production work I've heard by a long shot. Bravo!

Ok, did the original smf come from Tune1000, Midi-Hits, or another commerically produced SMF manufacterer? Please share what you did to the smf to tweak (enhance) it, and also, what parts/tracks were added (played & recorded live by you)? Also what software programs & hardware were used to record and mix midi tracks & vocals? Thanks in advance, as discovering these things may help the rest of us here to better our recording skills as well.

Ok Donny, now please tell us "When When When" we'll get to hear the completed song. Scott

Scott, Thankyou, without devuldging some of my secrets which I rather not expose on a public forum....I can only tell you as I did in my original post......Equipment used to record: MidJay, Roland A37 controller, Shure SM58 Mic, Acid Pro 3.0, Sound Forge XP studio 5. I wanted to show that you really dont need alot of Fancy Expensive Gear to produce a decent sounding recording......just a little practice,
a bit of talent & the love for music!

#92131 - 03/05/06 12:40 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Donny ... just a tease, but an excellent tease ... there is nothing like the thrill of a parent performing with a child ... when our son was in high school he studied electric bass ... we played a couple of gigs together as a duo and with my band ... it was GREAT ... unfortunately college and dental school swayed him from continuing with the bass ...
Have fun performing with her while you can ...
t.

Oh Yeah Tony every time I listen to it a warm tingle comes over me when I hear her voice & remember her growing up....I'll make sure you get a CD when Im done Gumba!!

#92132 - 03/06/06 08:22 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
completly recorded into the Ketron MidJay w/Roland A37 controller & Vocals w Shure SM58 Mic using a smf backing track foundation . . .

with my own litle 'secret recipe' played & mixed in here & there to give it some spice

. . without devuldging some of my secrets which I rather not expose on a public forum....

Donny, the fact that you consider them "secrets you'd rather not devulge on a public forum" certainly has raised my interest further now.

As you yourself often state, sharing & learning from each other is what this forum is all about, so I only hope you'll have a change of heart, and share with us your secret arranger keyboard recording/production techniques which I assume contributed to making this newest song the most impressive pro level sounding song heard from you to date. Many of us would love to learn from you here. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 03-06-2006).]

#92133 - 03/06/06 09:39 PM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
DNJ, quit teasing poor Scott and spill the beans!
DonM

#92134 - 03/07/06 03:46 AM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
More progress with Female Vocal track,
heres a short taste

http://www.donnypesce.com/Quando%20Quando.mp3

Yep, Donny, that sounds very good! Although, too short. I was just getting the hang of the song. Very good singing from both and the accompaniment sounds real.

Now, I gotta find out what "quando" means.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#92135 - 03/07/06 04:11 AM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Wonderful!! The addition of your daughter takes your rendition to ever a higher level than it already was.

#92136 - 03/07/06 04:27 AM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Quando means when.

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#92137 - 03/07/06 06:02 AM Re: Mp3 Work In Progress "Quando"
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Donny.....as you know, I've been very busy with my rebuilding and have not had much time for anything else....however, I did give a listen and I must say that you excelled in everything that I heard...and your daughter was a big bonus....made me think of my doughter and son and how much I want to do the same thing with....you my friend are one very lucky man....continue to encourage her in her music...you will be a very heavy influence on her future in music.....AAA++++ for the song in every aspect....BRAVO...now let's hear the rest of it, OK....
TR

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online